• Developing better relationship skills
• Working with addictions; alcohol & drug recovery
• Couples counselling for LGBT+ couples
And I have also worked with:
• Stress and Anxiety
• Relationship issues: 1-1 work and couples counselling
• Personal Development: making the most of who you are
• Terminal illness
• Major life changes including redundancy
• History of physical, sexual, mental and emotional abuse
• Trauma symptoms and Post-Traumatic Stress
• Young People's issues: finding your identity, family and peer issues
• Personal Identify: including life choices, cross-dressing
• Working with counselling students to complete statutory counselling hours
• Telephone Counselling
• Skype Counselling
All of the above is about our human adjustment to loss and change that can apply to just about anyone of us.
I have 10 years of experience working with clients. I have studied for three years and graduated with an Advanced Diploma in Humanistic Counselling.
In 2008 I achieved professional accreditation with the BACP and am a member of the UKRCP (UK register of Independent Counsellors & Psychotherapists).
More recently I graduated with a Post-Grad Diploma in Clinical Supervision.
I opened my practice in 2005, and it has run in the Guildford area ever since.
RAPt (Rehabilitation of Addicted Prisoners Trust)
From 2009-2013 I worked for RAPt delivering drug and alcohol treatment in a Surrey men's prison, as a Counsellor and Acting Senior Counsellor. I then worked at their Head Office as a Learning & Development Facilitator running a Counselling Diploma and designing and running other training for their employees.
The Fountain Centre: Royal Surrey County Hospital
I worked in the holistic cancer centre for three years counselling cancer patients and their carers, coming to terms with life-threatening or terminal illness.
Sam Beare Hospice
I worked in the hospice for four years counselling those who were at the end of their lives, or their loved ones left behind, suffering a great deal of grief.